Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Return to Reality

This morning while I started to get ready for work, I turned on the radio.  It is an everyday ritual for me, but today, the first song that was on was from the band U2.  When I first started writing this blog for Eurotrip13, I wrote about preparing a mixed tape from back in the day.  I explained that there are moments in my life that have been accompanied by song and those memories are the ones that stick out the most.  Today, the radio was playing "Where the Streets Have No Name."  I smiled fondly as I remembered my first trip to Paris and I also reflected quickly upon this past trip.

We landed safely at Logan last night around 6:45.  The kids, their parents, friends, family, and our chaperons were happy to be home.  This trip was an unbelievable experience for me...and I hope for the students as well.  There were moments that cannot be replicated by any other tour group at any other time.  These moments belong to us and throughout our lives, sometimes randomly, we will look back upon them and smile fondly.  Whether it is taking over the stage in Killarney, getting "lost" on the grounds at Blarney Castle, walking the streets of Dublin at night, Climbing a mountain in Wales, singing with Welsh Singers in a wonderful moment of unity, or seeing your first play in London's West End; this trip has changed us, for the better.

One of my favorite Disney movies is "The Lion King."  As I travel, I try to exhibit a 'Hakuna Matata' kind of attitude.  I try to roll with the flow and enjoy the moment, but I also love the movie's connection to the repetitive nature of our world.  The Circle of Life.  While #Eurotrip13 is in the books, it is time to start to looking towards the future.

#Eurotrip14 Preview



#Eurotrip14: The Holocaust in Europe Trip Website
Click here to sign up or get more information.  Any Saugus High School student is eligible for this student as long as they are in good academic standing without a significant disciplinary history.  You do not need to see Mr. Lavoie or Ms. Alongi to sign up; it can happen online.

We will be holding meetings soon...so look for signs and listen to the announcements!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment